الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: سبتمبر 30th 2018
AfriPlantSci invite applications from early-career researchers from across sub-Saharan Africa whose research falls within the broad topic of صحة النبات. This includes MSc students, PhD students and researchers recently graduated from their studies (within 5 years). Potential attendees should have the aspiration to build their careers through international networks and a passion to address plant health challenges in Africa.
This course will cover a broad range of science related to plant health, combined with practical hands-on experience of the latest techniques which can advance research in this area. The speakers will provide expert overviews of their fields, followed by journal clubs and in-depth discussions of their own areas of work. The hands-on practical sessions will demonstrate how to best utilise current technologies to advance plant health research in Africa. Together with leadership skills training, this course will provide attendees with a holistic insight into plant health and the necessary skills to advance their careers in science. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact informally with project leaders, PostDocs, PhD students and technical staff from JIC and Pwani to further enrich their learning experience.
After this course attendees will:
- Be familiar with the latest approaches and technologies in plant health and be confident in applying them to their own research.
- Have access to a network of early career and advanced researchers to support their future work and career development
- Be empowered to present their research to a wider audience
- Be empowered to apply for future funding and job opportunities
- Have a one-page concept note of their research ideas using the latest approaches and skills taught on this course.