الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: سبتمبر 15th 2018
AFRICAN ECONOMIC RESEARCH CONSORTIUM (AERC) In Partnership with GIZ and the World Bank Fellowships for a PhD specialization Course on Land Economics and Governance (Jan 7-Feb 8, 2019)
The Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) of the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) consists of a network of African universities that collaborate on the delivery of PhD training in economics and agricultural economics in Africa. These universities jointly develop a common curriculum, jointly enforce standards and jointly offer elective courses at residential shared facilities.
AERC, German International Cooperation (GIZ) and the World Bank are calling for fellowship applications to attend a course on Land Economics and Governance. The course is targeted at both students/faculty members and practitioners with an understanding at the second year PhD level in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics or other relevant doctoral programs, who would have an interest in continuing research on a land related topic. The course is also open to faculty from AERC partner institutions and
Network of Excellence on Land Governance in Africa (NELGA) affiliated institutions,
subject to meeting the course qualifications. It is part of capacity building efforts under
ال Strengthening advisory capacities for land governance in Africa (SLGA) program, being jointly implemented by the Land Policy Initiative (LPI) in UNECA, GIZ and the World Bank.
This intensive PhD course aims to help build and strengthen the analytical capacity in Land Economics and Governance in Africa, building the capacity of network universities in teaching and research in conformity to best global practices with deep African perspectives.
This will be the second round of course offering, following a successful pilot in January/February 2018 at the University of Cape Town. Again, as in 2018, the course will be hosted at the University of Cape Town (UCT) in South Africa from January 7 to February
8, 2019 and will include an online preparatory course before travel to UCT. The course will be delivered by local and international experts on land related research of both academia and the World Bank, equipping participants with the latest theories and tools to conduct state of the art research on the subject.
- Upon acceptance, flights, accommodation and per diem will be fully covered.
The course content will cover, among other elements, the following:
- Week 0: Minimum One-month online pre-course training on research methods
- Week 1: Land ownership as a determinant of economic structure & political economy
- Week 2: Land use, land and other factor markets as well as structural transformation
- Week 3: Economics of urban land use and policy
- Week 4: Using and collecting survey & spatial data on land tenure and use
- Week 5: Evaluating the impact of land-related policy interventions
• Applicants must be nationals of an African country;
• All applicants must be holders of at least a master’s degree in agricultural and applied economics, or related discipline from an internationally recognized university;
• Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program in Africa, or be a faculty member of an African University in an AERC accredited university or a NELGA affiliated institution;
• Possession of at least a publication or acceptance of an article for publication on land, in a refereed journal will receive special consideration.
إجراءات التطبيق والموعد النهائي
Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the AERC by
submitting application documents via the AERC website at http://scholarships.aercafrica.org/ not later than September 15, 2018. These should include:
• Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
• نسخ معتمدة من جميع شهادات الشهادات الجامعية
• نسخ معتمدة من جميع نسخ الجامعة حسب الضرورة
• Admission letter to a doctoral program as appropriate / proof of employment as a faculty member
• رسالة التحفيز (الحد الأقصى لصفحات 2)
• 2 recommendation letters of academic referees
• Written commitment to take the online pre-course
AERC, in partnership with the UCT and the World Bank Research Department, will shortlist eligible applicants and communicate with the successful awardees.
للمزيد من المعلومات: