الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: نيسان 30th 2019
أعلن في قمة كوكب واحد held in Paris in December 2017, the One Planet Fellowship will work to build the capacity of high-potential researchers from Africa and Europe to develop relevant, gender-responsive interventions towards climate change adaptation. It is designed to build and enhance the mentoring, scientific, networking and leadership skills of scientists working on the nexus between agriculture and climate change adaptation and mitigation.
African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) will lead the management of the Fellowship in partnership with Agropolis Fondation.
All applicants for the One Planet Fellowship must meet the following criteria:
• Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Zambia;
• Be aged 40 years or less as of April 2019;
• Have attained a minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree;
• Reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy, and practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture.
Inspired by the AWARD Fellowship Model, the One Planet Fellowship entails the following activities:
• A highly competitive selection process: For candidates who will become One Planet Laureates upon completion of the three-year non-residential fellowship process. Recipients are selected based on their merit, competence and other relevant eligibility criteria (see page five).
• A matching (pairing) process:The proposed One Planet Laureates are paired with more established African scientists (Mentors) who are carefully chosen to match their area of expertise and career objectives.
• A mentoring program:The proposed Laureate-Mentor pairs commence a year-long mentorship relationship and are supported to build successful partnerships geared toward enhancing the Laureates’ career growth.
One Planet Fellowship at a glance
• A five-year and USD 15 million initiative• Targets 600 agricultural scientists in a career-acceleration process aimed at:• Fostering leadership skills
• Sharpening scientific skills• Enhancing scientists’ capacity to integrate gender into their research• Catalyzing research partnerships and networks
• Diverse activities over five years starting February 2019:
للمزيد من المعلومات: