Application Deadline: December 23rd 2018 midnight CET time
كل عام ، يلفت يوم المياه العالمي انتباه العالم إلى قضايا المياه العالمية الرئيسية. سوف يركز يوم المياه العالمي 2019 على المياه والهجرة. Youth has an important role to play in working towards regional water security and increased water awareness. Young people are involved in innovative water-related projects and research around the Mediterranean and are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
To amplify the voice of regional youth on this topic, the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) is launching the third edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on Water and Migration. In the run-up to this workshop, the third edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” youth contest will offer young water activists from around the Mediterranean the opportunity to showcase their innovative work on water and migration.
- Young people aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the water sector in the Mediterranean.
- Regardless of their place of residence, applicants must be nationals from one of the following Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Applicants may be working for public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
Contest prizes will be determined by CMI in collaboration with the Water Hub over the coming months. The selected contest winners will be offered a speaking role in the different World Water Day 2019 workshop sessions in Marrakech, Morocco as well as:
- الرابط with international water and migration experts and young water professionals: key speaking role during the CMI Water and Migration World Water Day youth workshop in Marrakech, Morocco (25-28 March 2019, dates tbc)
- وضوح: Showcasing of your work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites;
- الإعلام: Featuring your work in a CMI video on water and migration the Mediterranean;
- التوجيه: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
- نوفمبر 1st 2018: Launch of the contest
- Deadline December 23rd midnight CET time
- يناير 15th: Announcement of the contest results
- March 25-28 2019 (tbc): Participation of the contest winners at CMI World Water Day in Marseille, France
- Applications will be submitted through this page in either English or عربي.
- For applicants facing difficulties in filling out the forms in English or Arabic, we can offer limited language support for other Mediterranean languages. E-mail us at: [البريد الإلكتروني محمي] with the subject line: “Language support – youth contest”.
- For any other questions, kindly get in touch with us at [البريد الإلكتروني محمي].
للمزيد من المعلومات: