الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: شباط (فبراير) 15 و 2019.
Heidelberg Laureate Forum 2019 call for Young researchers in computer science and mathematics from all over the world can apply for one of the 200 coveted spots to participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF), an annual networking event. The HLF offers all accepted young researchers the great opportunity to personally interact with the laureates of the most prestigious prizes in the fields of mathematics and computer science. For one week, the recipients of the Abel Prize, the ACM A.M. Turing Award, the ACM Prize in Computing, the Fields Medal, و the Nevanlinna Prize engage in a cross-generational scientific dialogue with young researchers in Heidelberg, Germany.
مؤسسة منتدى هايدلبرغ لحياة الفائزين (HLFF) annually organizes the Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF), which is a networking event for mathematicians and computer scientists from all over the world. The 7th Heidelberg Laureate Forum will take place from September 22 to 27, 2019. The HLFF was established and is funded by the German foundation the Klaus Tschira Stiftung (KTS), which promotes natural sciences, mathematics and computer science.
The application period for the 7th HLF runs from November 15, 2018, until February 15, 2019. Young researchers at all phases of their careers (undergraduate/pre-master, graduate PhD or postdoc) are encouraged to complete and submit their applications by February 15 (midnight at the dateline).
The 7th HLF will take place from September 22 to 27, 2019 (with young researcher registration on September 21). This prominent, versatile event combines scientific, social and outreach activities in a unique atmosphere, fueled by comprehensive exchange and scientific inspiration. Laureate lectures, young researcher workshops and a structure welcoming unfettered discussions are the elements that compose the Forum’s platform.
- The 7th Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) will take place from September 22 to 27, 2019, with mandatory on-site registration on September 21. The following steps are necessary if you would like to participate in the HLF.
- Undergraduate students, graduate PhD candidates, and young researchers at the postdoctoral level can apply for the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
- In the latter category, we are not just addressing young researchers in classical postdoc positions but also those of you who recently completed your PhD – and are still strongly interested in scientific matters, even if you are now working in a non-scientific environment.
- The Scientific Committee of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum will make the final selection of candidates.
Over the course of the weeklong conference, young researchers will be given the exclusive possibility to profoundly connect with their scientific role models and find out how the laureates made it to the top of their fields. As described by a young researcher, “It’s a life-changing experience. Getting the opportunity to actually speak to the laureates in close contact can really shape us.”
All applications that are completed and submitted by the deadline are meticulously reviewed by an international committee of experts to ensure that only the most qualified candidates are invited. There are 100 spaces available for each discipline of mathematics and computer science. All applicants will be notified by the end of April 2019 whether or not they will be invited.
1. Material required for a complete application
- Applications in all Categories: CV, educational certificates (degrees); awards, other scientific achievements (if any); names and addresses of people who can provide a letter of recommendation (1 to 3); indication of your field of research (Mathematics, Computer Science, or both); motivation letter (why you wish to attend).
- Additional Information from PhD Candidates: Short summary of thesis topic; transcripts; publications (if any).
- Additional Information from Postdocs: Short summary of thesis topic and list of publications.
- Alumni: Please highlight in your statement of motivation why it would benefit you to attend the HLF again.
2. Language of Your Documents
The official language of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) is English, so please fill in the application form in English only and upload your diploma(s) in English. If your diploma(s) is (are) not written in English, you need to include certified copies of your diploma in the original language as well as an uncertified English translation.
3. Nomination vs. Application
There is a difference between a nomination and an application. Nominations can be issued by a scientific organization or a senior scientist – provided they obtained the necessary organization ID (orgID) from one of the award-granting scientific organizations (ACM, IMU, Abel Board) or academic partners (i.e. DAAD, ORAU). A nomination is an explicit recommendation of a young scientist by an expert in the field. The nominee will be notified of the nomination by email and can then apply for participation in the HLF. Of course, young researchers can also apply without a nomination, as the majority of applicants do. Nonetheless, having been nominated is a distinct advantage during the evaluation process.
A nomination is only complete when accompanied by the rating and support letter of the nominator.
5. Academic Degree
You should fill in the highest academic degree you have achieved so far and provide the supporting documentation.
6. Participation Options/Opportunities for Participation
A young researcher can participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum at any academic level only once. That means that every young researcher could participate up to three times: as an undergraduate student (level 1), as a graduate student (level 2) and also as a postdoc (level 3) – provided that the application is successful. The decision making body consists of several scientific advisors and of the Scientific Committee.
7. Letter of Recommendation
- A letter of recommendation must fulfill certain conditions and formalities: It must be written on letter-headed paper.
- The letter must be in pdf format.
- The full name of the applicant must be specified in the letter.
للمزيد من المعلومات: