الموعد النهائي للتقديم: أكتوبر 15th 2018
The WHO Western Pacific Region (WPR) and TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, are pleased to announce the 2018-2019 call for applications for the Joint WPR/TDR Small Grants Scheme for implementation research in infectious diseases of poverty.
The goal of the TDR strategy is to foster research on infectious diseases of poverty that lead to health improvement, strengthen research capacity of individuals and institutions in developing countries and develop implementation strategies and solutions that respond to the health needs of these countries. It also aims at translating research results into policy and practice, improving health and promoting the engagement of individuals and communities in using research evidence to reduce the disease burden in their respective countries.
Grant objectives of the joint call for proposals:
- Strengthen the research capacity of individuals and institutions in conducting implementation research; and,
- Facilitate and strengthen implementation research in countries for the control and elimination of infectious diseases of poverty, including research that addresses issues related to the culture and environment that contribute to these problems.
Priority research areas for support:
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases of poverty, including malaria, tuberculosis and neglected tropical diseases such as dengue, lymphatic filariasis, soil-transmitted helminthiasis, food-borne trematode infections, schistosomiasis, echinococcosis, cysticercosis, leishmaniasis, yaws, trachoma and leprosy.
- Knowledge gap related to an implementation issue that has a direct policy and programmatic relevance.
- Health systems, health service delivery, community-based approaches or qualitative research topics in the context of the diseases listed above.
Priority research topics and a list of eligible countries in the region are identified in the call.
Please consult the file below for details on eligibility criteria (including a full list of eligible countries in the region), selection process, funds, study duration and application process.
Please note that applications must be submitted by email to the Technical Officer for Malaria, other Vector-borne and Parasitic Diseases (MVP) in WPR at: email@example.com.
للمزيد من المعلومات: