آخر موعد للتسجيل: فبراير 28، 2019
برنامج زمالة نايت ساينس ساينس ساينس في معهد ماساتشوستس للتكنولوجيا supports a global community of dedicated and thoughtful journalists specializing in science, health, technology and environmental reporting. [البريد الإلكتروني محمي] is designed to recognize journalists who demonstrate a high level of professional excellence and accomplishment as well as a long-term commitment to their craft. Journalists from all countries compete on an equal basis and are encouraged to apply.
لتكون مؤهلة للحصول على [البريد الإلكتروني محمي] Fellowship, يجب على المتقدمين:
- Be full-time journalists, whether on staff or freelance. Part-time writers or producers are not eligible.
- Have at least three full years of experience covering science, technology, the environment, or medicine.
- Be reporters, writers, editors, producers, illustrators, filmmakers, or photojournalists. This includes work for newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and digital media.
للحصول على منحة دراسية ، يجب أن يوافق المتقدمون المختارون على المتطلبات التالية:
- Reside full-time in the Boston/Cambridge area for the academic year: August 15, 2019, through May 25, 2020.
- Attend field trips, seminars, and required training sessions arranged by the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Program at MIT.
- Develop a course of study that includes at least one science course per semester.
- Refrain from outside professional work during the Fellowship, unless written permission has been granted by the Director.
- Produce a well thought out research project during the academic year. The research project may be a book proposal, but fellows may not sell the proposal during the fellowship year, nor may they arrive with a contract to write a book during the fellowship year.
- International candidates must obtain a valid visa from the U.S. State Department after being awarded the Fellowship; the visa is normally sponsored by MIT. A language proficiency test (such as TOEFL) may be required as part of the visa process.
Every year, the Knight Science Journalism Program (KSJ) offers 10 science journalists a nine-month fellowship — geared to the August-to-May academic year — designed to enable them to explore science, technology, and the craft of journalism in depth, to concentrate on a specialty in science, and to learn at some of the top research universities in the world.
Fellows receive a stipend of $70,000 as well as some additional benefits, including basic health insurance. Under the terms of MIT residency, fellows must refrain from paid professional work during the course of the 9-month program, unless the program director grants prior permission.
The 2019-20 application cycle runs January 1, 2019, through February 28, 2019. Fellows are selected by a panel of distinguished science journalists. Semifinalists are chosen by the end of March. Ten finalists are notified of their successful fellowship status in late April. An announcement of the awardees is made in May.
[البريد الإلكتروني محمي] uses an online application system via Submittable. The system will be available for use beginning January 1, 2019. Please read the guidelines and click the button at the bottom of this page to begin your application. The final deadline for submission is February 28, 2019.
المستندات التالية مطلوبة لتطبيقات زمالة 9-Month:
- السيرة الذاتية المهنية: Provide a brief statement (500-word maximum) about why you want to participate in the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship Program at MIT and how it would fit with your professional goals.
- السيرة الذاتية أو السيرة الذاتية Be sure to include your education and work history. (Freelancers should include a list of freelance jobs in the past 12 months. Include each story, venue, and date of publication or broadcast.)
- مقترح البحث: In consultation with the KSJ staff, Knight fellows will develop and produce a research project in a chosen area of science or science journalism, which should be designed to allow a fellow to explore a particular interest in depth. Fellows will deliver a formal presentation on their topic at the end of the fellowship year. All applicants should describe, in 500 words or less, a project to be developed during the desired fellowship.
- اعمال سهلة: Five relevant work samples are required. Choose samples that best illustrate your interest and abilities. Please include a translation for any work not in English.
- مراجع مهنية: Three letters of recommendation are required. Letters should come from individuals familiar with your work and should comment on your abilities and your commitment to journalism.
Semi-finalists for the Fellowship will be notified by email by April 6, 2019, and Skype interviews with program administrator Bettina Urcuioli will be scheduled for all those wishing to continue further in the process. All documents and the interviews will be reviewed by a panel of judges led by KSJ director, Deborah Blum, KSJ associate director, Ashley Smart, and Undark magazine editor, Tom Zeller Jr.
للمزيد من المعلومات:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship 2019/2020