آخر موعد للتسجيل: ديسمبر 1، 2018
A زمالة نايت والاس recognizes accomplished journalists who are eager for growth and deeply committed to the future of journalism. We offer a unique opportunity: an academic year of study and collaborative learning at the University of Michigan to deepen knowledge, develop new ideas, and address challenges facing the journalism industry.
- Qualified applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience and be currently working in some aspect of journalism for a news organization or as an independent journalist. We are looking for a diverse range of journalists including reporters, editors, data experts, visual journalists, audio producers, engagement specialists, designers, developers, entrepreneurs and organizational change agents.
- If you are not a full-time journalist, the majority of your work should be in journalism
- Eight-month program of immersive study away from daily deadlines.
- Individual study plans designed to develop topical depth, practical skills and broader perspectives.
- Specialized resources and experts at the University of Michigan to guide research.
- Private Seminars with visiting journalists, scholars and innovators for candid, off-the-record conversations.
- ورش العمل to sharpen your writing, technical skills and leadership ability.
- السفر الدولي to bring context to the political, economic and social forces shaping news coverage.
- $ 75,000 – distributed as $8,750 monthly – from September through April for living expenses. All tuition and course fees are paid for by the fellowship. All fellowship trips – domestic and international – are covered. If the Fellow’s employer does not contribute to insurance coverage, health insurance is provided.
- Spouses and partners are invited to partake in fellowship activities and can audit university courses as well.
- Great care goes into assembling classes of Fellows that represent diversity of race, ethnicity, nationality, experience, journalism specialty, geographic region and type and size of news organizations.
- Typically, 12 Americans are joined by six to eight international colleagues. Selection is determined by a committee of distinguished journalists and University of Michigan faculty.
- U.S. finalists are interviewed at Wallace House in April. International finalists are interviewed by phone or video conference in February. Fellowships are awarded in late April or early May.
- ديسمبر 1، 2018 International application deadline
- February, 2019 Phase two of application for selected international applicants
- Mid-February Interviews for international finalists
- فبراير 1، 2019 U.S. application deadline
- Mid-March U.S. applicant finalists notified
- أبريل 6 و 7 ، 2019 Interviews at Wallace House for U.S. finalists
- Late April/Early May Fellowship offers extended
للمزيد من المعلومات: