Application Deadline: 7 April 2019.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2020.
يخدم SARB الرفاه الاقتصادي لجنوب أفريقيا من خلال الحفاظ على الأسعار والاستقرار المالي. وهي مسؤولة عن تنظيم القطاع المالي لجنوب أفريقيا ، وتصميم وتوزيع الأوراق النقدية والعملة المعدنية ، وإدارة أسعار الفائدة ، وتحديد متطلبات الاحتياطي النقدي للبنوك ، وضمان استقرار كل من القطاع المصرفي والنظام المالي الأوسع.
What the programme is aboutExposure to departments in the SARB
Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2020. During the year, they will be assigned to a department and exposed to various roles and projects.
The programme courses
During the programme, graduates will attend courses at the SARB Academy for approximately 30 days.
Courses include monetary policy, macroprudential policy and financial stability, bank supervision and regulation, financial markets and reserves management, currency issuance and management as well as personal and professional skills such as making presentations, impactful reporting, data analysis, teamwork, personal mastery and diplomacy.
Graduates can also choose from the following electives:
- إدارة المخاطر المالية الأساسية
- المفاهيم الاقتصادية والمؤشرات
- المالية العامة
- الأسواق المالية والأدوات
- مكافحة غسل الاموال
- نظام الدفع الوطني
بعد السنة الأولى At the end of the year, some graduates will be permanently appointed into a department of the SARB. Those most likely to be appointed are graduates who:
- are interested in continuing their career at the SARB;
- have a desire to make a contribution to monetary policy, financial stability, currency management, supervising financial institutions, financial markets or one of the SARB’s enabling functions;
- have demonstrated behaviours aligned to the SARB’s values of accountability, excellence, integrity, respect and trust, and open communication;
- are able to function independently and contribute actively and effectively in a team; and
- have performed exceptionally well in their assigned departments and academically.
الذي ينبغي أن يطبق؟متطلبات تستوفي المتطلبات إذا كنت:
- have completed a postgraduate degree;
- have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
- have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
- have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- are a South African citizen; and
- are a curious and keen learner.
مجالات التركيز درجة
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following areas:
- الاقتصاد - Economics
- الاقتصاد القياسي
- تحليل السياسات
- المالية العامة
- ادارة مالية
- تكنولوجيا المعلومات
- Portfolio or investment management
- تحليل كمي
- إدارة المخاطر
- العلاقات الدولية
All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
- Follow these links: Careers@SARB > Current vacancies (register and apply online).
- Log in (right-hand side of the screen):
- Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); OR
- Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Log in here
- Date posted > Last 6 weeks (in the drop-down menu)
- Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advert – Ref. no.: IRC28712
All assessment questions in the application process are compulsory. Incomplete assessments will therefore not be considered.
Please include a copy of your latest academic transcripts and identity document with your application. Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to psychometric assessment and security clearance as part of the selection process.
تاريخ إغلاق التطبيقات هو 7 April 2019.
Late applications will not be considered. In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
سوف يتلقى الخريجين راتبا تنافسيا طوال مدة البرنامج.
للمزيد من المعلومات: