الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: شباط (فبراير) 14th 2019
Are you a talented and ambitious citizen of South Africa and want to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship? Find out if you can apply to the Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
The programme offers a unique opportunity for future leaders to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other. SISSA is a special initiative in connection with the Binational Commission agreement between Sweden and South Africa.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
البلد التي تنتمي لها
Only citizens of South Africa are eligible for SISSA.
قراءة المزيد عن بلد المواطنة القبول الجامعي
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
Priority will be given to applicants who
- have completed bachelor’s with honours or equivalent from a South African university, and
- choosing study programmes with an emphasis on one of the following subject areas (listed in alphabetical order, no priority or ranking is implied):
- علوم الحاسوب وتكنولوجيا المعلومات
- Design (industrial design, architecture, urban/regional planning)
- Environmental technology/Sustainable development
- الدراسات الجنسانية
- تكنولوجيا النانو
- الصحة العامة
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- نفقات المعيشة من SEK 10,000 / الشهر
- منحة سفر SEK 15,000 *
- التأمين ضد المرض والحوادث
- عضوية شبكة SI للقادة العالميين في المستقبل (NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network and experience, while in Sweden
- عضوية شبكة SI Alumni after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
*The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire scholarship period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover
- منح إضافية لأفراد الأسرة.
- رسوم التقديم للالتحاق بالجامعة.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your applications in English. Use our forms and templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions, otherwise your applications will be disqualified.
The compulsory documents required are:
- خطاب الدافع: you must use the SISSA form for motivation letter 2019/2020. You need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal during the application period.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISSA template for CV 2019/2020 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- نسخة من جواز سفرك: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport showing that your citizenship is South Africa, to include in your application.
Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- السيرة الذاتية
- a copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
للمزيد من المعلومات: