الموعد النهائي لتقديم الطلبات: كانون الأول (ديسمبر) 12th 2018
The Brunel International African Poetry Prize is a major annual poetry prize of £3000, aimed at the development, celebration and promotion of poetry from Africa. Now in its sixth year, the Prize is sponsored by جامعة برونيل لندن وبدعم من the African Poetry Book Fund
British-Nigerian writer, Bernardine Evaristo, Professor of Creative Writing at Brunel University London, initiated the award in 2012 in order to revitalise African poetry, which at that time was almost invisible on the literary landscape. The Prize planned to draw attention to this poetry and to encourage a new generation of poets who might one day become an international presence.
The Prize works closely with the African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) and since its inception, most of the poets who have been nominated and/or won this award have published chapbooks with the African Poetry Book Fund series of ‘New Generation Chapbook Box Sets’.
- The Prize is open to poets who were born in Africa, or who are nationals of an African country, or whose parents are African. It is for ten poems exactly in order to encourage serious poets.
- These poems may, however, have already been published.
- Only poets who have not yet had a full-length poetry book published are eligible.
- Poets who have self-published poetry books or had chapbooks and pamphlets published are allowed to submit for this prize.
1. The prize is open to African poets, defined as those who were born in Africa, or who are nationals of an African country, or whose parents are African.
2. The prize is open to African poets who have not yet had a full-length poetry book published. Self-published poetry books, chapbooks and pamphlets are exempt from this stipulation.
3. Only poems written in English are accepted. Poems translated into English are also accepted with a percentage of the prize going to the translator.
4. The prize opens for submissions from October 1st 2017 to December 1st 2017. Each entrant يجب submit 10 poems to be eligible, no more and no less. There is no stipulation as to the content of submitted poems but no poem should exceed 30 lines in length.
6. The poems may have been previously published or won previous awards.
7. All entries must be submitted via البريد الإلكتروني فقط إلى [البريد الإلكتروني محمي].
سيتم إرسال إقرار. (يرجى ملاحظة أن استفسارات البريد الإلكتروني حول القواعد لن يتم الرد عليها.)
8. Under no circumstances can alterations be made to poems once entered.
9. Under no circumstances will the organisers or judges enter into discussions with entrants who have submitted for the prize.
10. The prize organisers reserve the right to not award the prize if, in the judges’ opinion, such an action is justified. The organisers also reserve the right to split the prize if they decide that more than one poet is worthy of it.
11. The judges’ decision is final and they will not enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding their decisions.
للمزيد من المعلومات: