Application Deadline: 17:00 GMT on Friday 19 October 2018.
The World Curling Federation is pleased to be offering its Sports Media Trainee Programme for another year.
Full time students, from around the world, are invited to submit entries for our development programme, that immerses aspiring journalists and photographers in the heart of elite, international competition.
In season 2018-2019, the successful applicants will travel to Estonia, Canada or Norway and will join the World Curling Federation media team in promoting the sport of curling.
Applications are now being taken from students for six positions. They are:
Each winner will be rewarded with a fully paid trip to one of these championships, including return flights, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the event.
A. The trainees selected for the Le Guryère AOP European Curling Championships 2018 in تالين, استونيا will be expected to arrive, approximately, on 14 November and depart on 25 November.
B. The trainees selected for the World Junior Curling Championships 2019 in ليفربول, كندا will be expected to arrive, approximately, on 14 February and depart on 24 February.
C. The trainees selected for the World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship 2019 in ستافنجر , النرويج will be expected to arrive, approximately, on 18 April and depart on 28 April.
- All applicants must be studying in full-time education and be aged 18 or over.
- Applicants must be studying for more than 12 hours per week in a recognised High School, College or University.
- All applicants are responsible for any additional costs personally incurred during their time on the programme, for example missed departures and travel insurance. If visas are required the World Curling Federation will reimburse costs incurred for those to be retrieved.
- Applicants must be able to travel to the championships for the dates mentioned above.
- Each applicant must have a valid passport that has more than six months on it, from the first day of travel, before it expires.
- Applications from previous winners of the Sport Media Trainee Programme will not be considered.
Overview: Journalist entrants are required to demonstrate their ability to write a newsworthy story and develop creative interview questions.
1. Students are asked to submit a 400-word report on their favourite Olympic memory and the significance of it to them.
2. Students must also write six questions, three that they would ask the gold medal winning skip following their victory in the Ford World Women’s Curling Championship 2018 final between Canada and Sweden and three questions they would ask the losing skip based on the line-scores pictured below.
- Entries exceeding the word count will NOT be accepted.
- Students must clearly state which event they would be willing to attend based on the breakdown above: A, B, C or ANY.
- Entries are to be submitted as a .pdf
الرجاء إرسال تطبيقاتك إلى firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 GMT on Friday 19 October 2018.
للمزيد من المعلومات: